WSRep Announces Auditions for World Premiere of “Bomber’s Moon.”
- Audition Breakdown:
Show Title: Bomber’s Moon
V/T: Williams Street Repertory
Non-Union/Union, AEA CAT contract
Pay Rate: CAT N Rate/wk
Williams Street Rep Rehearsal Space
140 W. Terra Cotta Ave, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Director: Michele Vazquez
Founding Artistic Director: Richard Kuranda
Casting Director: In-house
May 24, 2018 (Thursday) 4p-8p
May 27, 2018 (Sunday) 2p-6p
Callback Dates: June 3 & 4th (invitation only)
Start Date: August 27th
Opening: September 28th
Closing: October 21st
WSRep, now in its 8th season, is a not for profit theatre located in the heart of the US about 50 min North of Chicago in the wonderful town of Crystal Lake, Illinois. At its foundation, the company follows its mission to tell diverse stories with a Repertory model of production that adds to the cultural richness of the community and our region.
Bomber’s Moon by Deborah Yarchun
Set against the London Blitz, two lives are forever changed in the WORLD PREMIERE of this suspenseful romantic drama. September 1940. London. During the London Blitz, Katrin, an American socialite, is propelled onto the streets during an air raid. Seeking shelter in the basement of an abandoned music shop, she meets Lloyd, a displaced, working-class East Ender. Over four charged, complicated nights, Lloyd and Katrin become enmeshed in each other’s lives in ways that will leave them forever changed. An homage to 1940s films with a contemporary twist, Bomber’s Moon is a dark romantic intense two-character drama that explores identity, isolation, and encounters that can alter the course of one’s life.
- Cast Breakdown:
1. Katrin: female (late 20’s, early 30’s)-an American socialite in London during the Blitz. Has a secret and a powerful longing to escape her situation and maybe herself. A dreamer who loves movies, she puts on roles like people put on a costume. She says she’s from a long line of “weak women.” Intelligent and vulnerable with an undercurrent of impulsive fierceness. Her humor is surprisingly unladylike. Plays the piano badly.
2. Lloyd: male (late 20’s, early 30’s) English. From Stepney, London. Working-class and his hands prove it. He has taken pains to soften his Cockney accent in an attempt to satisfy his ambition for a better life but it may become more pronounced during times of stress or high emotion. Intelligent and easy-going with a wry sense of humor. Capable of dark moods and intensity. Still waters run deep.
To sign up for an audition:
- Submit your headshot and resume (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please put your name and BOMBER’S MOON in the subject line
- If invited to audition you will be sent a link to Signup Genius to sign up for a specific time slot.
- Please prepare provided sides.