Williams Street Repertory announces auditions for “Sylvia” & “Ring of Fire” at Raue Center For The Arts
Crystal Lake, IL:
ATTENTION: Auditions are full. We will accept people on a waiting list the day of auditions on a first come first served basis.
WSR, McHenry County’s only professional theater company, announces auditions for 2018 Spring General Auditions!
Williams Street Repertory is excited to announce 2018 Spring General Auditions! Auditions for WSR’s upcoming productions of A.R. Gurney’s “Sylvia” and the Johnny Cash jukebox musical, “Ring of Fire,” will be held March 4 – 5, 2018 at Raue Center For The Arts.
A.R. Gurney’s “Sylvia” is an unlikely love triangle between a man, his wife… and his dog. Love and laughter are unleashed in this smart, silly, sophisticated, and occasionally salty, comedy about relationships, nature and growing older.
From the iconic songbook of Johnny Cash comes “Ring of Fire,” a unique musical about love and faith, struggle and success, rowdiness and redemption, home and family. Though Cash is never imitated, his remarkable life story is told through his music, climaxing in a concert that will both move and exhilarate!
For “Sylvia,” WSR is looking for two character actors, one male and one female. These actors will share the role of Tom/Phyllis/Leslie and will understudy all other characters.
For “Ring of Fire,” WSR is looking for actors that can play guitar, piano, upright bass, mandolin, and fiddle.
WSR is looking for actors for the roles of
- Woman – Mezzo – F#3 to F#5 – “Trenna,”
- Man 1 – Bass – D2 to Ab4 – “Jason,”
- Man 2 – Tenor – E2 to B4 – “David,”
- Man 3 – Baritone – E2 to F4 – “Eddie,”
- Man 4 – Tenor – E2 to G4 – “Mark” as well as understudies.
Auditions will be held from 2 – 8 p.m. on March 4 and 2 – 8 p.m. on March 5 on Raue Center’s stage. To audition, please sign up for a date and slot at:
Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song from either the modern musical theater or country genre (an accompanist will be provided, bring sheet music) and one monologue OR two contrasting monologues. If you can play any of the following instruments, please bring it and be prepared to play something short: guitar (acoustic or electric), mandolin, fiddle, upright bass and piano (there will be a keyboard available). Please bring your songbook in the event you are asked to sing something else as well as two copies of your headshot and resume. For more information, please visit wsrep.org.
Williams Street Rep is committed to increasing diversity & inclusion in the American Theater. We welcome all types, ages, ethnicities, genders & actors with disabilities to audition.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song from either the modern musical theater or country genre (an accompanist will be provided, bring sheet music) and 1 monologue OR 2 contrasting monologues.
- If you can play any of the following instruments, bring it and be prepared to play something short:
- Guitar (Acoustic or Electric)
- Upright Bass
- Piano (there will be a keyboard available at the audition space)
- Please bring your Song Book in the event you’re asked to sing something else.
- Please bring two copies of your headshot and resume.
- Auditions are March 4 (2p-8p)- March 5 (2p-8p)
- For questions (or if you need to speak to a human), please call Raue Box Office at 815.356.9212 (Mon-Sat 12-4p).
- All auditions will be filmed. This will be for the use of absent directors only. The footage will be deleted at the time of casting.
- Location: Raue Center for the Arts | 26 N. Williams Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
- Metra Pacific NW (Harvard Line) to Crystal Lake.
- visit our website at www.wsrep.org
- Like us on Facebook for our most up-to-date audition information!
Thank you for your interest & we look forward to seeing you!