Audition Breakdown: Williams Street Repertory Fall General Auditions 2016-2017 Season
Show Title: A Christmas Survival Guide, First Date, Any Other Name
Directors: Miriam Naponelli, Robin Hughes, Brad Raimondo
WSRep, now in its 6th season, is a not for profit theatre located in the heart of the US about 50 min North of Chicago in the wonderful town of Crystal Lake, Illinois. At its foundation, the company follows its mission to tell diverse stories with a Repertory model of production that adds to the cultural richness of the community and our region.
WSR 2016-2017 Season
A Christmas Survival Guide by James Hindman & Ray Roderick
Cast Breakdown: 1 Man / 2 Women OR 2 Men / 3 Women
This intimate revue takes a wry and knowing look at a stressful season. Armed with a copy of A Christmas Survival Guide and an optimistic attitude, the characters charge into an urban holiday landscape searching for the true essence of Christmas. In songs and vignettes, they learn to cope with the season in ways that are both hilarious and heartwarming.
First Date by Austin Winsberg, Alan Zachary, Michael Weiner
Cast Breakdown: Man #1 (Gabe/YouTube/Edgy British Guy)
- Woman #1 (Grandma Ida/Lauren/Facebook/Female with Megaphone #2/Aaron’s Mother)
- Man #2 (Reggie/Aaron’s Future Son/Instagram/Edgy Rocker Guy)
- Woman #2 (Allison/Google Girl/Female with Megaphone #1)
- Man #3 (Waiter/Casey’s Christian Father/Blaze/Twitter/Friendly Therapist)
When blind date newbie Aaron is set up with serial-dater Casey, a casual drink at a busy New York restaurant turns into a hilarious high-stakes dinner. As the date unfolds in real time, the couple quickly finds that they are not alone on this unpredictable evening. In a delightful and unexpected twist, Casey and Aaron’s inner critics take on a life of their own when other restaurant patrons transform into supportive best friends, manipulative exes and protective parents, who sing and dance them through ice-breakers, appetizers, and potential conversational land mines. Can this couple turn what could be a dating disaster into something special before the check arrives?
Please sign up for September 26th auditions to audition for this show.
Any Other Name by George Brant
- Edward Ballard (30’s, aspiring poet)
- Margaret Ballard (20’s, clever and beautiful)
- John Clark (40’s, poet, believes he is Shakespeare)
- Andrew Maddock (early 50’s, publisher, revels in his power)
A dark comedy (or light tragedy) about poetry, madness, and identity theft in Victorian England.
At this time this show has been cast, but we are looking to fill understudy positions.
To sign up for an audition:
- email your headshot, resume (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please put your name in the subject line
- Click on the link below and go to Signup Genius to sign up for a specific time slot: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4eadab22aafa7-general2
- Please prepare 2 contrasting monologues OR a contemporary 1-2 minutes monologue and 16-32 bars of a song. For First Date Only: Please prepare 16-32 bars of a contemporary musical theatre song and a contemporary 1-2 minute monologue.
- Please bring your song book/sheet music with you.
- Understudy roles are available for select roles.
- All auditions will be filmed in the event of an absent director.
- First Date will be auditioning in person on Monday, September 26th only – all other audition dates will be filmed. THE DIRECTOR WILL BE REVIEWING ALL FILMED AUDITIONS ON ALL DAYS! So please sign up for a slot!